Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem redownloading OS on macbook

I wanted to clear all the data off my MacBook so I deleted everything on disk utility. When I booted it up it showed a flashing folder symbol, so I went into safe mode, reformatted the disk drive again and tried to download macos through recovery mode.

that’s when I got this error message.

Ive repeated every step on this article a few times but still this message when I try to reinstall a new macos. I currently can’t do anything on my MacBook because it doesn’t have any os on it.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 2:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:03 PM

Do you have access to another Mac? If you do, you can download macOS here: How to download macOS – Apple Support (UK) and after you have downloaded it, you can make a bootable USB on your other Mac, see this link for instructions. Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

After that boot from the stick, do this by holding the option (alt) button at startup and select your usb drive to boot from

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 3:03 PM in response to andrew.macbook

Do you have access to another Mac? If you do, you can download macOS here: How to download macOS – Apple Support (UK) and after you have downloaded it, you can make a bootable USB on your other Mac, see this link for instructions. Create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support

After that boot from the stick, do this by holding the option (alt) button at startup and select your usb drive to boot from

Problem redownloading OS on macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.