You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my yahoo mail messages are not downloading

I have a yahoo account connected to apple mail on my phone. Sometimes messages don’t download. I receive “message not downloaded from server” messages. Seems to be no rhyme or reason and it’s become more of an issue since my last iOS update. I do have a solid connection. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 3:49 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 10:29 AM

Hi georgedelp,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

With your mail not showing the full message, start off with some basics such as force closing mail, restarting iPhone, and making sure you have the latest update installed.

To see if this is an issue with your network, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or connect to your cellular network. Make sure that you have the recommended settings in place if this occurs when connected to a specific Wi-Fi network.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

If this occurs with all networks and multiple email accounts, back up your iPhone to iCloud or your computer and reset the network settings.

Resetting the network settings removes saved VPN, APN, and Wi-Fi network details, including passwords.

To reset, choose: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Your iPhone will be restarted and you can try checking mail again.

Contact Apple Support for additional support.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 10:29 AM in response to georgedelp

Hi georgedelp,

Thanks for posting in Apple Support Communities.

With your mail not showing the full message, start off with some basics such as force closing mail, restarting iPhone, and making sure you have the latest update installed.

To see if this is an issue with your network, try connecting to a different Wi-Fi network or connect to your cellular network. Make sure that you have the recommended settings in place if this occurs when connected to a specific Wi-Fi network.

Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

If this occurs with all networks and multiple email accounts, back up your iPhone to iCloud or your computer and reset the network settings.

Resetting the network settings removes saved VPN, APN, and Wi-Fi network details, including passwords.

To reset, choose: Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Your iPhone will be restarted and you can try checking mail again.

Contact Apple Support for additional support.

Regards.

my yahoo mail messages are not downloading

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.