Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M2 Screen, Thin Grey Horizontal Lines

Hi Community,

My entire screen has started showing up with these thin grey horizontal lines. It is prominent on white pages. Any ideas why and what I can do about it?

MacBook Air Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2023 6:46 AM

Thank you so much for sharing your experience! I really appreciate it! I have been travelling so haven't gotten a chance to sort it out but knowing what gets done about the issue makes me feel a lot less worried!

9 replies

Jan 12, 2023 10:55 AM in response to jch1u

Hi jch1u,

Do you notice this on any website you visit or on this specific page? Do you see it in any other app? Confirming this information will help with isolating the issue a but further.

You can also try restarting your Mac. Restarting can help resolve many unexpected issues we may face with our device. To restart your Mac go to the Apple menu (  ) > Restart.

Shut down or restart your Mac - Apple Support

Hope that helps!

Jan 12, 2023 9:19 PM in response to jch1u

The issue with the lines on the Mac screen can be represented in many different forms and colors. The issue needs to be addressed immediately so it wouldn’t become a permanent problem. Here are some of the reasons that could be causing the issue:

1. Physical damage to the screen

2. Extensive overhearing

3. Damaged or improperly connected cable

4. Outdated or incompatible graphic drivers

5. Hardware problems (graphics card or motherboard)

6. Various software issues

However, to fix the lines on Mac screen, you can try the below DIY fixes:

1. Reboot Your Mac

2. Check Cable Connection

3. Connect Another Display

4. Reset SMC

5. Reset NVRAM

6. Install Graphic Card Updates

7. Reinstall current macOS

Hope it helps!

MacBook Air M2 Screen, Thin Grey Horizontal Lines

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.