Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook won’t turn on

I recently update my MacBook software and now I am not able to turn it on, the screen Color is between blue to black. Could someone help?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.7

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 6:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 9:38 PM

tenzin185 Said:

"MacBook won’t turn on: I recently update my MacBook software and now I am not able to turn it on, the screen Color is between blue to black. Could someone help? "

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Applies to Intel-Based Macs: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 9:38 PM in response to tenzin185

tenzin185 Said:

"MacBook won’t turn on: I recently update my MacBook software and now I am not able to turn it on, the screen Color is between blue to black. Could someone help? "

-------

Troubleshooting MacBook Pro Power:

As for replacing that battery, that may not be necessary. Try troubleshooting it.

A. Black Mac Screen:

Go Here: If your Mac doesn't Turn On or Start Up - Apple Support

Applies to Intel-Based Macs: Try Resetting the SMC and NVRAM, but this time, using an external keyboard. Connect an external monitor and see if you get an output.

B. Mac Power Issues:

Try a New Charger:

If it is currently charging from a charger, then use a new charger:

C. A Few Links to Refer to Power:

Jan 9, 2023 9:30 PM in response to tenzin185

Hi,

If your MacBook Pro has Intel processor, resetting SMC could solve your issue.

Reset the SMC of your Mac - Apple Support

If it doesn't help, you'd better take your MacBook Pro to your local retail AppleStore, Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be examined your MacBook Pro there.

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Find Locations - Apple

Jan 9, 2023 9:56 PM in response to tenzin185

There are various reasons that make the mac system unbootable and you find your mac won’t turn on. However, the issue can be resolved using below DIY methods:

1. Ensure your mac has a power

2. Check the hardware

3. Perform a power cycle

4. Reset the SMC

5. Reset PRAM/NVRAM

6. Boot in Safe Mode

7. Restore from Recovery Mode

8. Reinstall macOS

Hope this will help!

MacBook won’t turn on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.