Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch died after being splashed with pool water

Apple Watch 6 was splashed with pool water which I then took off and placed in a dry place. 30 minutes later my watch was flashing with the apple logo sign. A few hours later the battery died and now it won’t charge. Aren’t these watches water proof? I’ve had this watch for just over 2 years and isn’t covered. Is it worth buying another one. False advertising apple! Very disappointed

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:37 AM

Your Apple Watch is water resistant, but not waterproof. Resistance is not permanent and not guaranteed.

About Apple Watch water resistance - Apple Support

4 replies

Jan 10, 2023 6:16 AM in response to Tiimaa

I never get mine wet. I would never swim in it despite the wording because having experienced this with Seiko when they said "well you must have immersed it too deep" I don't trust the spec.

Too many iphones ruined trying to take underwater photos in rock pools and the like. 999/1000 you'd get away with it, we have to explain to the 1000'th

Watch died after being splashed with pool water

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.