Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waterproof watch issue

I recently researched and found out that my Apple Watch Series 4 I received for Christmas is waterproof. I decided to try it out and went for a swim. After about 10 minutes in the pool my watch went black and got really hot. I have tried charging it and turning it back on. I think the water seal was defective, will Apple replace it at no cost considering it was their problem?

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on Jul 6, 2019 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2019 2:38 AM

That's an issue to take up directly with Apple under the warranty.

No one here works for Apple. Each situation is handled by Apple on a case-by-case basis.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2019 2:38 AM in response to Alexis15williams

That's an issue to take up directly with Apple under the warranty.

No one here works for Apple. Each situation is handled by Apple on a case-by-case basis.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.5; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.2.1; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.3.2; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.3;  HomePods, audioOS 12.3 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

Waterproof watch issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.