You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use an existing Hide My Email address as opposed to creating a new one?

On my ipad, laptop and iphone I cannot change the From box to an existing Hide My Email address. I have already created it with the site I want to email. I have searched endlessly but cannot find an answer.

In my From box I can choose between my '***@icloud.com' addresses, but cannot chose an existing Hide My Email address. All that appears is 'Create a random address...' etc, that is telling me to create a new one.

Can anyone help please.

[Email Edited by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 4:57 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:47 PM

Hey there barneyhairball,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, it would only be possible to select an existing unique, random email address if you have previously sent an email to that contact using the Hide My Email feature.

Check out the resources below for more information

Use Hide My Email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

When you subscribe to iCloud+, Hide My Email lets you send and receive email messages that forward to your real email account, to keep your real email address private. With iOS 15.2 or later, you can generate unique email addresses on demand in the Mail app .

Send an email with Hide My Email
1. Tap the Compose button.
2. Add a recipient and subject for your email.
Note: You can only send a message using Hide My Email to one recipient at a time.
3. Tap the From field, tap it again, then tap Hide My Email. A new, unique email address appears in the From field.

Tip: When the recipient replies to an email you sent with Hide My Email, their reply forwards to your real email address. To set a Forward To address, see Create and manage Hide My Email addresses in Settings.

Use Hide My Email on Mac - Apple Support

Send an email using a unique, random address
When you write a new email message, Hide My Email allows you to create a unique, random address directly in the Mail app.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, click the New Message button  to compose a new message.
2. Add a recipient and subject for your message.
Messages you send from a unique, random address can only be delivered to a single recipient.
3. Move the pointer over the From field.
4. Click the pop-up menu that appears, then choose Hide My Email.
- If you’ve never sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: A new address appears in the From field.
- If you previously sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: The address used previously with this recipient appears in the From field.
5. Write your message, then when you’re ready, click the Send button .

Let us know if that's able to help.

Regards.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 12, 2023 1:47 PM in response to barneyhairball

Hey there barneyhairball,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, it would only be possible to select an existing unique, random email address if you have previously sent an email to that contact using the Hide My Email feature.

Check out the resources below for more information

Use Hide My Email in Mail on iPhone - Apple Support

When you subscribe to iCloud+, Hide My Email lets you send and receive email messages that forward to your real email account, to keep your real email address private. With iOS 15.2 or later, you can generate unique email addresses on demand in the Mail app .

Send an email with Hide My Email
1. Tap the Compose button.
2. Add a recipient and subject for your email.
Note: You can only send a message using Hide My Email to one recipient at a time.
3. Tap the From field, tap it again, then tap Hide My Email. A new, unique email address appears in the From field.

Tip: When the recipient replies to an email you sent with Hide My Email, their reply forwards to your real email address. To set a Forward To address, see Create and manage Hide My Email addresses in Settings.

Use Hide My Email on Mac - Apple Support

Send an email using a unique, random address
When you write a new email message, Hide My Email allows you to create a unique, random address directly in the Mail app.
1. In the Mail app  on your Mac, click the New Message button  to compose a new message.
2. Add a recipient and subject for your message.
Messages you send from a unique, random address can only be delivered to a single recipient.
3. Move the pointer over the From field.
4. Click the pop-up menu that appears, then choose Hide My Email.
- If you’ve never sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: A new address appears in the From field.
- If you previously sent this recipient an email from a unique, random address: The address used previously with this recipient appears in the From field.
5. Write your message, then when you’re ready, click the Send button .

Let us know if that's able to help.

Regards.

How do I use an existing Hide My Email address as opposed to creating a new one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.