Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I edit an iCloud email address?

I set up a separate icloud email address for something I volunteered for. I no longer need it for that and I understand I can’t delete that email address? Can I edit that email address and change it rather than getting a new email address? If so how do I do that? I can only find the address in mail, but no where in my account settings.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Mar 29, 2023 12:15 PM

4 replies

Mar 29, 2023 8:05 PM in response to islandlady91

You cannot change the primary iCloud address for an account. You can set up an alias and use that instead.

Add and manage email aliases for iCloud Mail on iCloud.com - Apple Support - "An email alias is an email address that conceals your actual email address from a recipient. An alias can help you manage the email you receive, and monitor the sources of unwanted messages. You can both send and receive email from an email alias using Mail on iCloud.com.

Mar 30, 2023 8:30 AM in response to Limnos

My apology for my ignorance in a lot of tech issues. But this was not my primary iCloud address or my alias, it was a new iCloud email address that I set up for one function. I have just deleted it from mail and I am trying to find some simple solutions for email. I was considering setting up another iCloud email address for work for several reasons. One, someone must have sold my work email address and the spam is outrageous, even since I set up spam sieve as recommended in here. I am trying to get away from that, but now I don’t want to set up another email address and not be able to delete it or change it. I like the simplicity of Apple mail, but Outlook just saved me this week since I had my work email synced with Outlook. On the other hand, Outlook periodically blocks our server and I can’t send emails to clients with an Outlook/Live email address. I had hopes of changing the iCloud email address to something I could use to replace my work email address with, but that doesn’t appear possible? Again, I am sorry, I have several issues going on with email and work, and I can’t address all this here unfortunately.

Can I edit an iCloud email address?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.