Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Update fro macOS Ventura 13.0.1 to macOS Ventura 13.1 - fail

14-inch MacBook Apple M1 Pro fail to update from 13.0.1 to 13.1.

I tried both with settings and terminal (sudo softwareupdate -i -a -R) and got an errors. Here what i got in terminal after downloading 10% :

Downloading macOS Ventura 13.1

Password:

Downloading: 100.00%

Failed to download & prepare update: Error Domain=SUOSUErrorDomain Code=201 "Failed to personalise the software update. Please try again." UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=An error occurred while downloading the selected updates. Please check your internet connection and try again., NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to personalise the software update. Please try again., NSUnderlyingError=0x600000229a70 {Error Domain=SUMacControllerError Code=7723 "[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_PERSONALIZATION_FAILURE(2)_1_PersonalizationErrorDomain(Personalization):3402]" UserInfo={NSLocalizedDescription=Failed to personalise the software update. Please try again., SUMacControllerErrorIndicationsMask=0, NSDebugDescription=[SUMacControllerErrorPreflightPersonalizeFailed=7723] Failed to perform PreflightPersonalize operation: [MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain(MSU):MSU_ERR_PERSONALIZATION_FAILURE(2)_1_PersonalizationErrorDomain(Personalization):3402], NSUnderlyingError=0x6000002299e0 {Error Domain=MobileSoftwareUpdateErrorDomain Code=2 "Could not personalize boot/firmware bundle." UserInfo={NSUnderlyingError=0x600000228b40 {Error Domain=PersonalizationErrorDomain Code=3402 "AMAuthInstallBundlePersonalize() failed: Unknown" UserInfo=0x600000c28fe0 (not displayed)}, NSLocalizedDescription=Could not personalize boot/firmware bundle., target_update=22C65}}}}}

I've checked Internet connection. It's good.

I tried to reboot and power off/on but got the same result.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 9:40 AM

I've had better luck from the Safe Mode because I evidently have some 3rd party software that interferes with the installation so try the following:

#1 - boot into Safe Mode according to Start up Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3-5 minutes as it's doing the following; 
• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)
• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
• Disables user-installed fonts 
• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

#2 - go to the System/Software Update preference pane and begin the download.

#3 - run the installer from the Safe Mode.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 10, 2023 9:40 AM in response to Aleksandrthefirst

I've had better luck from the Safe Mode because I evidently have some 3rd party software that interferes with the installation so try the following:

#1 - boot into Safe Mode according to Start up Mac in safe mode - Apple Support.

NOTE: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3-5 minutes as it's doing the following; 
• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed
• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)
• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically
• Disables user-installed fonts 
• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

#2 - go to the System/Software Update preference pane and begin the download.

#3 - run the installer from the Safe Mode.

Update fro macOS Ventura 13.0.1 to macOS Ventura 13.1 - fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.