Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sound Volume in Menu Bar

I just purchased a new MacBook Pro. The BlueTooth icon has replaced the sound volume . I can not change the volume. My keyboard connects, but I can't sync my AirPods. What can I do to get this functioning properly?

Thanks

Carl

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 4:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 2:19 PM

Hello Carl Sutherland,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Do you currently have any bluetooth devices connected to your Mac? You can check that using the steps in here: Turn Bluetooth on or off on Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, can you check your sound output settings and see if it's currently set to output to your Macs speakers? Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

Checking these things can help narrow down what's happening and what options you have.

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 2:19 PM in response to Carl Sutherland

Hello Carl Sutherland,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities!

Do you currently have any bluetooth devices connected to your Mac? You can check that using the steps in here: Turn Bluetooth on or off on Mac - Apple Support

Additionally, can you check your sound output settings and see if it's currently set to output to your Macs speakers? Change the sound output settings on Mac - Apple Support

Checking these things can help narrow down what's happening and what options you have.

Cheers!

Sound Volume in Menu Bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.