Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am setting up brand new macbook pro am at sign in with apple id entered the verification code nothing is happening only option is back or set up later

I am setting up brand new macbook pro am at sign in with apple id entered the verification code nothing is happening only option is back or set up later

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 12:21 PM

3 replies

Jan 14, 2023 12:15 PM in response to WallDunn

Hello WallDunn,

We understand you need help setting up your new MacBook Pro and seem to be stuck at the sign-in screen. You mentioned that a verification code is being requested signing in with your Apple ID. We have some questions to better understand what the issue specifically is.

1. Are you able to input a verification code?
  2. Does the box to input the verification code seem greyed out?
  3. Are you not receiving a verification code?
  4. If you choose "set up later", what happens specifically?

For general help and understanding with our verifications codes for your Apple ID, start with this article: Get a verification code and sign in with two-factor authentication - Apple Support

We look forward to hearing back from you and working on this together.

Best regards.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.