Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail no longer parses Photos Albums from Attachments after 13 OS upgrade

Apple seems to have removed a feature that I, as a career visual artist, used 10 times/day in Mail and it makes gaining new clients nearly impossible with the work flow increase.

Apple seems to have removed the ability for Mail to parse Photos Albums when clicking to add an Attachment. I can no longer click Attach>>Photos and see any albums - just 12,000 photos in a big clump.

I know I can send from Photos program, but that creates a new email and not a Reply to the client asking for photo samples.

I know I can drag and drop from Photos to my desktop and drag into the Reply from there, adding an additional program, two swipes and 1 min extra time per Reply.

I know I can click the Photos icon in the Mail message but that also increases my work flow by 1 min or more as the *separate window* that opens up displays tiny with no less than 14 Apple photo albums before my albums, so I have to expand the window, then scroll past 14 albums, then click on my albums, then the thumbnails are 1" x 1" so I have to two finger expand to see the thumbnails adding 8 more moves and another 1.5 minutes onto my time - TO DO WHAT WAS AVAILABLE TO US FOR 20 YEARS PRIOR TO OS 13.0.1!

Apple, please return the option to parse Photos Albums in the Mail Attachments option. It worked. It served your professional visual artists and it required very little work flow.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 2:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:28 AM

tonyakay13 wrote:

Apple seems to have removed a feature

Apple, please return the option to parse Photos Albums in the Mail Attachments option. It worked. It served your professional visual artists and it required very little work flow.

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 6:28 AM in response to tonyakay13

tonyakay13 wrote:

Apple seems to have removed a feature

You can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

Mail no longer parses Photos Albums from Attachments after 13 OS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.