Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SAFARI FAVORITES ERROR ((ORDER IS MESSED UP))

Hello.

For the last couple of days my favorites seem to have gone crazy again: they get moved from their original position (dropbox.com/s/x3i47hijkhsf5rq/favorites-order.jpg) to the top of the page (dropbox.com/s/8w78mnzqzd215un/favorites-error.jpg)….problem is I never touch them - except to move them back to their original positions every time because I can’t stand the mess.

I already reported this problem in spring of last year, when it went on for a while before disappearing on its own; now it’s back, and this time it’s much worse as more than two thirds of my favorites are now getting moved and scattered.

It’s not an issue limited to a device, as it happens on both my iPad Pro 11” 2020 and my iPad Mini 6 - it also happened on my MacBook; I don’t think an update will solve the problem either, as it happened right after one (to iPadOS 15.7.2).

What else can I do to fix this (once and for good)?

Thank you.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 15

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 2:27 PM

Hello a.gandi,

Since this behavior is occurring with multiple devices, you'll want to reach out to Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support They'll be in the best position to look into this further.

Take care.

4 replies

Jan 14, 2023 4:28 PM in response to chuckbl

I already did that last year…they told me to wait for the next update, which would fix it….except the next update (as well as the next…and the next, and the one after it) didn’t fix it. When it finally disappeared, there had been no updates for a while - not to mention it was exactly an update to bring it back.

SAFARI FAVORITES ERROR ((ORDER IS MESSED UP))

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.