You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does my watch die fast?

I have a series 4 Apple Watch and by the time I get to school it’s already on 76% why? Is thier anything I can do to fix that I need it to last a whole school and work day.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 8

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 8:24 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 8:51 PM

Hi shaila115,

Your Apple Watch Series 4 may have a battery drainage problem. Here are some steps you could use do to diagnose this problem.

Check your battery charge before you leave

You can check your Apple Watch battery's charge level in several places:

Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch

1. Touch and hold the bottom of your Apple Watch screen. Wait for Control Centre to appear, then swipe up.
  2. Tap the battery percentage button.
  3. Turn on Low Power Mode.

You can also turn on Low Power Mode in Settings.

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Scroll down, then tap Battery.

Keep in mind

Low Power Mode turns off these features

• Always On display
  • Heart rate notifications for irregular rhythm, high heart rate and low heart rate
  • Background heart rate measurements
  • Background blood oxygen measurements
  • Start workout reminder

Update to the latest software.

Always make sure your Apple Watch is using the latest version of watchOS.

• To see if you need an update, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch > General > Software Update.
  • If an update is available, connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi, attach the charger to your Apple Watch (make sure it has at least 50 per cent charge) and update wirelessly.

Avoid using power consuming apps

• You should avoid using power consuming apps such as games, health, fitness and other apps you don't need.

If these tips don't help

If these tips don't help, try taking your Apple Watch into servicing, you may need an Apple Watch Battery Service from your nearest Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Hope this helps,

~Mo

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 11, 2023 8:51 PM in response to shaila115

Hi shaila115,

Your Apple Watch Series 4 may have a battery drainage problem. Here are some steps you could use do to diagnose this problem.

Check your battery charge before you leave

You can check your Apple Watch battery's charge level in several places:

Use Low Power Mode on your Apple Watch

1. Touch and hold the bottom of your Apple Watch screen. Wait for Control Centre to appear, then swipe up.
  2. Tap the battery percentage button.

You can also turn on Low Power Mode in Settings.

1. Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
  2. Scroll down, then tap Battery.

Keep in mind

Low Power Mode turns off these features

• Always On display
  • Heart rate notifications for irregular rhythm, high heart rate and low heart rate
  • Background heart rate measurements
  • Background blood oxygen measurements
  • Start workout reminder

Update to the latest software.

Always make sure your Apple Watch is using the latest version of watchOS.

• To see if you need an update, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and go to My Watch > General > Software Update.
  • If an update is available, connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi, attach the charger to your Apple Watch (make sure it has at least 50 per cent charge) and update wirelessly.

Avoid using power consuming apps

• You should avoid using power consuming apps such as games, health, fitness and other apps you don't need.

If these tips don't help

If these tips don't help, try taking your Apple Watch into servicing, you may need an Apple Watch Battery Service from your nearest Apple Authorised Service Provider.

Hope this helps,

~Mo

Why does my watch die fast?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.