Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deletion of synchronised pictures (from MacBook to Iphone) all in once on Iphone

Good Morning,

I have the following issue. I got an used MacBook, which still contained pictures from someone else (within the photo folder). By singing in with my AppleID all of those pictures were automatically (without notice) synchronized with my IPhone. Hence, all of these pictures are now on my phone (randomly over the years). I don't want to have them on my phone tho since they are from a different person and take a lot of storage(14.000 pictures, 2000 videos). I tried to delete these pictures on the MacBook and hoped it would synch with the IPhone, but the pictures are still there.

Does anyone know how to delete those picture all in ones from my phone without the need of going through all of them step by step?

Already looking forward to your answers!!

Best

Saskia

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 9:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:24 PM

Hi Saskia,

based on your description it sounds like you are using iCloud to sync your MacBook and iPhone.

As soon as you delete photos from your MacBook they will be also automatically deleted from your iCloud and iPhone, as long as you use on all devices the identical Apple ID.

But this will take time if you delete 14.000 photos and 2.000 videos.

Your iPhone should be connected to WLAN and a power source, if the iPhone is running on battery the sync process is stopped.

Please wait a day or two and then check again if the photos are deleted from your iPhone.

Please also check if you have now new contacts in your iPhone, these and other things will be synced with all devices.

Normally you would reset a device if you give / sell it to somebody.

This will prevent issues like you have.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Regards Ralf

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 10:24 PM in response to SaskiaBestg

Hi Saskia,

based on your description it sounds like you are using iCloud to sync your MacBook and iPhone.

As soon as you delete photos from your MacBook they will be also automatically deleted from your iCloud and iPhone, as long as you use on all devices the identical Apple ID.

But this will take time if you delete 14.000 photos and 2.000 videos.

Your iPhone should be connected to WLAN and a power source, if the iPhone is running on battery the sync process is stopped.

Please wait a day or two and then check again if the photos are deleted from your iPhone.

Please also check if you have now new contacts in your iPhone, these and other things will be synced with all devices.

Normally you would reset a device if you give / sell it to somebody.

This will prevent issues like you have.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

Regards Ralf

Deletion of synchronised pictures (from MacBook to Iphone) all in once on Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.