Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to delete photos off of Mac and Iphone

Hi, trying to organize all my photos. Is there a way to sync up the Iphone and MacBook so that when I delete off of MacBook it is deleted also in my phone? Trying to prevent double the work in deleting on each device separately. I tried the sync button for photos under the finder option but this didn't work.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 12, 2020 9:37 AM

The only way to accomplish what you want would be to enable iCloud Library on both devices. That way any change to one device is reflected on the other. However, you might have to purchase additional iCloud storage to house the library. Also if your iPhone doesn't have enough space to house the entire library in full size you'll have to select "optimize storage" for that device which will store reduced file size versions of the photos once the free space gets low.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 12, 2020 9:37 AM in response to nolajenn

The only way to accomplish what you want would be to enable iCloud Library on both devices. That way any change to one device is reflected on the other. However, you might have to purchase additional iCloud storage to house the library. Also if your iPhone doesn't have enough space to house the entire library in full size you'll have to select "optimize storage" for that device which will store reduced file size versions of the photos once the free space gets low.

How to delete photos off of Mac and Iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.