Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar synchronisation between iMac and iPhone does not work anymore since update

hi everybody,

since the last update (mac mini mac os ventura 13.1. and iphone 13 mini ios 16.2.) the direct calendar synchronization between mac and phone (not using icloud) does not work anymore.

does anyone have similar problems?

we had this situation already a while ago where apple tried to cancel the direct synchronization method and force everybody to use exclusively icloud. it is really disturbing that such a basic functionality does not work properly.

best g

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 2:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:23 AM

Incase the user may have over looked aspects of the information in previous Link

Below is a Copy and Paste

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can select the information you want to sync between your Mac and device. You can sync all items of a specific type (for example, all your movies or photos). Or you can select specific items (for example, some of your movies and some of your books), which gives you more control.

After you select the content you want to sync, the items are updated whenever you sync your device and your Mac.

The first time you set up syncing, you must connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. After you connect the device, the device icon appears in the Finder sidebar and selecting the icon displays syncing options. You then select which items to sync.

If you have an iPhone (with iOS 5 or later) or iPad, you can also set up to sync wirelessly when your Mac and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi.

For more information about syncing, see Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices.

Sync all items of a content type

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. If you connect your device to your Mac using a USB cable and don’t see the device in the Finder sidebar, see If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar
  5. Click the type of content you want to sync in the button bar.
  6. Note: If you use iCloud Photos and Apple Music, your photos and music are synced automatically using iCloud. When you click Music or Photos, no options appear for syncing.
  7. Select the “Sync [content type] onto [device name]” checkbox to turn on syncing for that type of item. For example, select the “Sync movies onto [device name]” checkbox to sync your movies.
  8. With the checkbox selected, syncing is set to transfer all items of that type to your device. 
  9. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each type of content you want to sync.
  10. The bar at the bottom of the window shows how much free space remains on your device after you sync. Move the pointer over the bar to view details about the content you’re syncing.
  11. When you’re ready to sync, click Apply.

You can choose to sync your Mac and your device automatically whenever you connect them. See Turn automatic syncing on or off.

WARNING: If you delete an automatically synced item from your Mac, the deleted item is removed from your device the next time you sync.

If you want to sync individual items instead of all items of a content type, see the following: 

Before disconnecting your device from your Mac, click the Eject button  in the Finder sidebar.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 7:23 AM in response to günther193

Incase the user may have over looked aspects of the information in previous Link

Below is a Copy and Paste

Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

You can select the information you want to sync between your Mac and device. You can sync all items of a specific type (for example, all your movies or photos). Or you can select specific items (for example, some of your movies and some of your books), which gives you more control.

After you select the content you want to sync, the items are updated whenever you sync your device and your Mac.

The first time you set up syncing, you must connect your device to your Mac using a USB or USB-C cable. After you connect the device, the device icon appears in the Finder sidebar and selecting the icon displays syncing options. You then select which items to sync.

If you have an iPhone (with iOS 5 or later) or iPad, you can also set up to sync wirelessly when your Mac and device are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi.

For more information about syncing, see Intro to syncing your Mac and your devices.

Sync all items of a content type

1. Connect your device to your Mac.
  2. You can connect your device using a USB or USB-C cable or using a Wi-Fi connection. See Sync content between your Mac and iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch over Wi-Fi.
  3. In the Finder  on your Mac, select the device in the Finder sidebar.
  4. If you connect your device to your Mac using a USB cable and don’t see the device in the Finder sidebar, see If your device doesn’t appear in the sidebar
  5. Click the type of content you want to sync in the button bar.
  6. Note: If you use iCloud Photos and Apple Music, your photos and music are synced automatically using iCloud. When you click Music or Photos, no options appear for syncing.
  7. Select the “Sync [content type] onto [device name]” checkbox to turn on syncing for that type of item. For example, select the “Sync movies onto [device name]” checkbox to sync your movies.
  8. With the checkbox selected, syncing is set to transfer all items of that type to your device. 
  9. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for each type of content you want to sync.
  10. The bar at the bottom of the window shows how much free space remains on your device after you sync. Move the pointer over the bar to view details about the content you’re syncing.
  11. When you’re ready to sync, click Apply.

You can choose to sync your Mac and your device automatically whenever you connect them. See Turn automatic syncing on or off.

WARNING: If you delete an automatically synced item from your Mac, the deleted item is removed from your device the next time you sync.

If you want to sync individual items instead of all items of a content type, see the following: 

Before disconnecting your device from your Mac, click the Eject button  in the Finder sidebar.

Jan 18, 2023 2:03 PM in response to PRP_53

I have also had similar issues with syncing my calendars, often seemingly random if items are transferred from my iPhone to computer (not related to newest, literally seems random although there must be something Apple messed up). Currently my calendar does not update on my Macbook from my iPhone with latest iOS. Hopefully this can get fixed. It would also be nice if one could choose to replace the computer calendar with the one from my phone, since that is what I have on me when new items come up for my schedule.

[Edited by Moderator] 

Calendar synchronisation between iMac and iPhone does not work anymore since update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.