Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I keep the time displayed while in apps

This is the one thing I miss about android. You can choose to keep the status bar on running over apps. I can’t find anyway to do that on the iPhone. While I’m in apps I need to be able to just glance and see the time and not stop what I’m doing to pull down the drawer with the info in it. Is there a way to keep the status bar or just the time displaying?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 4:56 AM

4 replies

Jan 12, 2023 10:22 AM in response to Jaeloshi

Jaeloshi wrote:

This is the one thing I miss about android. You can choose to keep the status bar on running over apps. I can’t find anyway to do that on the iPhone. While I’m in apps I need to be able to just glance and see the time and not stop what I’m doing to pull down the drawer with the info in it. Is there a way to keep the status bar or just the time displaying?

That is up to the app, not all apps cover the time.

Jan 12, 2023 10:30 AM in response to Jaeloshi

Jaeloshi wrote:

The only app that I have that doesn’t cover the time is safari. In android There’s a system choice to have the status bar always display or not. So in that way it didn’t matter what the app is set up for if you turn that feature on. If there’s not a way to do that on apple, I hope they will add it.

No otherwise I would've stated the settings.

How do I keep the time displayed while in apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.