Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Watch battery draining when powered off

I have the Series 6 watch with latest IOS installed and have been using all the battery saving tips for the past year. The last 2 weeks, my battery has been draining fast, it will be 100% charged and within 2 hours it is at 83%. Typically, it will be at 80% after 12 hrs it being used. Also, I will turn it off at night and it will have 77% battery and upon turning the power on the next morning, the battery will be at 60% and then within 10 mins, down to 55%. I have read comments about “that’s not supposed to happen” from apple support; however it is happening. I have even tried unpairing and then pairing my watch to my phone. Nothing

Apple Watch Series 6

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 6:33 PM

what does your 'simple question' have to do with the op problem anyway? Im pretty sure turning the watch off at night is not the one that causing the battery drain issue here as many (including me) also having the same issue especially after the Watchos 9.2 update

For op, im also experiencing the issue and have done everything i've found online, from unpair and repair from backup, unpair and repair as new watch, hard reboot, deleting third party apps, turning off every possible setting, but nothing changed. the most logical thing to do now is waiting for the next software update and hope they will fix this problem.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 6:33 PM in response to lobsterghost1

what does your 'simple question' have to do with the op problem anyway? Im pretty sure turning the watch off at night is not the one that causing the battery drain issue here as many (including me) also having the same issue especially after the Watchos 9.2 update

For op, im also experiencing the issue and have done everything i've found online, from unpair and repair from backup, unpair and repair as new watch, hard reboot, deleting third party apps, turning off every possible setting, but nothing changed. the most logical thing to do now is waiting for the next software update and hope they will fix this problem.

Jan 12, 2023 1:30 PM in response to R_yqg

To understand Apple Watch performance and its relation to your battery, see:

Apple Watch - Battery - Apple

Apple Watch Battery and Performance - Apple Support

“Battery life” is the amount of time your device runs before it needs to be recharged. “Battery lifespan” is the amount of time your battery lasts until it needs to be replaced. Maximize both and you’ll get the most out of your Apple devices, no matter which ones you own. See the "Tips for Apple Watch" section in:

Batteries - Maximizing Performance - Apple

If the battery drains too fast after an update, see all the replies to:

Battery Drain since watchos 7.4 - Apple Community

WatchOS 7.5 battery drain - Apple Community

FWIW, in some cases, unpairing the watch, completely erasing it, then pairing and restoring the backup will resolve the battery draining issue after an update. (Simply unpairing and pairing again may not work.)

Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Also, some people have found that simply waiting a few days after an update resolves the battery draining problem.

For repair & service:

watch Repair - Official Apple Support

watch Service Pricing - Apple Support

Jan 12, 2023 6:51 PM in response to kadek273

I'm not sure why you feel you need to chime in, but my question was a good question. Users like myself who have been here for more than a decade and who have owned just about every Apple Watch model made, put our watches on our chargers at night while we sleep. The watch has circuitry built in to manage charging. And we wake up to a watch fully charged and ready for a days use.

Again, not that I owe you anything, but I asked a logical question and I honestly don't need to justify it to you at all.

If you and the OP are having issues with the battery have you checked the Battery Health of your battery? On Apple Watch, tap your digital crown . Settings > Battery > Battery Health. If it is near 80% or below, the battery could simply be failing at this point.

Waiting for Apple to fix an issue which is not universal will be disappointing for you. On WatchOS 9.2, my battery is not losing power at all and since my watch is a new Ultra, Battery health is 100%.

Cheers

Watch battery draining when powered off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.