Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Contacts missing + contact icon missing on icloud, but only on mobile devices

Hi everybody,

today, I noticed biggest part of my contacts disappeared from

my iphone, then I noticed the same on my ipad (both running OS 16.2).

On my MacBook pro everything is fine.

I started trying all the suggested fixes and I noticed even the contacts

icon on icloud.com is missing, but only on ipad because if I open icloud.com

on my macbook pro the contacts icon is there and so all the contacs (both devices using safari).

Anybody had this kind of problem?

How to solve?

Thanks, Antonio.

P.s. attached there are the screenshots from ipad and macbook.

iPad Pro, 11-inch, 4th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 12:58 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2023 12:29 PM in response to antoniofromcorato

Hello antoniofromcorato,

Just to clarify, are you using the same iCloud account on all of your devices? If so, and you want your contacts to stay up to date on all your devices, please ensure that iCloud Contacts is enabled correctly, so we can make sure that's not part of the issue.

This link explains how to ensure iCloud for Contacts is correctly enabled on your devices, and may help: Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices

Set up iCloud for Contacts on all your devices

You can use iCloud with Contacts on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Mac, and Windows computer, and on iCloud.com. For an overview of what you can do with iCloud, see Keep your contacts up to date with iCloud.

Note: Make sure you’re signed in with the same Apple ID on each device. If you have devices where you’re not signed in with your Apple ID or that have the Contacts feature turned off, you won’t be able to see your iCloud contacts on those devices.

If you continue to experience an issue, please contact Apple Support for help. You may be able to reach them here: Contact Apple Support

Thanks!

Jan 15, 2023 1:17 PM in response to Brittany1416

Hi Brittany,

Thanks for the reply.

Of course all the devices are on the same account and all of them have the last software release.

I don’t know what caused that bug, but it was exactly a bug.

I’ve contacted Apple’s support and my case has already been escalated to a third level technician

because non of the troubleshooting step worked.

”Casually” the problem has been solved.

As per the the taken steps during the troubleshooting process my phonebook was completely erased prom my phone and to put again the contacts I just added a google account on my iphone, just for syncing the phonebook.

As soon as Google account started syncing even iCloud started syncing again.

Problem solved.

Contacts missing + contact icon missing on icloud, but only on mobile devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.