Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t recover my recovery key again

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 12:58 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2023 12:05 PM in response to aderonke1994

Hello aderonke1994,

Let's make sure you've gone through the steps here to ensure you receive the recovery key:

How to generate a recovery key - Apple Support

"With two-factor authentication and an Apple device, you have the option to generate a recovery key to help improve account security.

- Creating a recovery key turns off account recovery. Using a recovery key is more secure, but it means that you’re responsible for maintaining access to your trusted devices and your recovery key. If you lose both of these items, you could be locked out of your account permanently."

On your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
1. Go to Settings > [your name] > Password & Security. You might need to enter your Apple ID password.
2. Tap Recovery Key.
3. Slide to turn on Recovery Key.
4. Tap Use Recovery Key and enter your device passcode.
5. Write down your recovery key and keep it in a safe place.
6. Confirm your recovery key by entering it on the next screen.
Use a recovery key
If you forget your Apple ID password, you can try to regain access using your trusted device protected by a passcode. Or you can use your recovery key, a trusted phone number, and an Apple device to reset your password. Make sure the device is running iOS 11 or macOS High Sierra or later, and be sure to enter the complete recovery key including upper-case letters and hyphens. Learn more about what to do if you forget your Apple ID password
If you decide to stop using a recovery key, follow the steps above on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, and slide to turn off Recovery Key. On your Mac, click Turn Off in the Recovery Key section.

Best Regards.

I can’t recover my recovery key again

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.