Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deceased ipad i do not have the persons id or password is there someway to remedy this problem without jumping through hoops i have a death certificate we can delete everything on it not concerned about that just want to be able to use it

I acquired my sister ipad she has passed away I do not have her apple id or password how can I put register this in my name without jumping through hoops I have a death certificate

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 1:58 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 2:01 PM

There are no shortcuts to claiming your sister’s iPad but having the death certificate should help. Please see the directions here:

How to request access to a deceased family member's Apple account - Apple Support

1 reply

Deceased ipad i do not have the persons id or password is there someway to remedy this problem without jumping through hoops i have a death certificate we can delete everything on it not concerned about that just want to be able to use it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.