Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to delete playlists

When I use shuffle with downloaded music it plays the same old songs and rarely the newest

How do I make it play all songs or delete playlists without losing the songs?

iPhone 14 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 2:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 5:41 AM

Claude,

One way is to put them into a Smart Playlist, and add a rule "Last Played" is "not in the last" "X" "weeks," with live updating enabled. Then, as a song finishes playing, it will go into "time-out," i.e., disappear from the list, and will not reappear until X weeks have elapsed.

You can set X to as many weeks or days as you wish.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 5:41 AM in response to claudefromojai

Claude,

One way is to put them into a Smart Playlist, and add a rule "Last Played" is "not in the last" "X" "weeks," with live updating enabled. Then, as a song finishes playing, it will go into "time-out," i.e., disappear from the list, and will not reappear until X weeks have elapsed.

You can set X to as many weeks or days as you wish.

Jan 13, 2023 6:19 AM in response to claudefromojai

Are you syncing your iPhone from an iTunes library? You can select which playlists are synced, and those you don't include will be removed. You can create smart playlists that exclude tracks played within the last 30 days, for example, so that content rotates out of the list when it is played, reducing the chances that you're only going to hear the same limited subset from your library.

Update: I see ed got you covered already. 🙂 I must remember to refresh tabs after I've been AFK.

tt2

how to delete playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.