Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PDF cover not displaying correctly in books app

I have a book in PDF that the cover displays perfectly in the library view of the books app (version 2.4) on my Mac, yet when I transfer it to my iPad Pro, running the latest version of the books app, it crops the cover by about 1/3 vertically, is there a way to correct this?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi, Cell

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 5:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 14, 2023 11:44 AM

I have found a solution.

I was fairly certain the issue was something with the cover art page size being slightly larger than the rest of the pages. I don't pay for Acrobat Pro. So I went looking for a free solution. I can't speak to the security of this, I was working with published books in PDF format.

Go to: https://pdf2doc.com/

There should be a series of tabs above the upload panel. Each one edits the source PDF in a different way. Look for the "Crop PDF" tab and upload/download your document. The newly downloaded file should display correctly on your iPad.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 14, 2023 11:44 AM in response to PandtRust

I have found a solution.

I was fairly certain the issue was something with the cover art page size being slightly larger than the rest of the pages. I don't pay for Acrobat Pro. So I went looking for a free solution. I can't speak to the security of this, I was working with published books in PDF format.

Go to: https://pdf2doc.com/

There should be a series of tabs above the upload panel. Each one edits the source PDF in a different way. Look for the "Crop PDF" tab and upload/download your document. The newly downloaded file should display correctly on your iPad.

PDF cover not displaying correctly in books app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.