Why do cropped pdfs falsely display in iOS16.6 on my iPhone13ProMax?

The indicated pdfs being displayed in iOS 16.6 Apple Books on my iPhone 13ProMax are being wrongly displayed. If I break up a pdf into pages for one final one pdf, why does Apple Books display as the original long "Save As PDF" from Safari? The original save as pdf is a long galley-like pdf. I run this long save as pdf through PDFCutter. app which can make a multi-page pdf from the original one galley. MacOS13.5.1 displays the multipage final pdf w correct dimensions. Why can't iOS on my iPhone13ProMax? My 11" iPad Pro displays correctly, but not the iPhone.

iPhone 13 Pro Max

Posted on Sep 1, 2023 4:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2023 8:39 PM

I have moved to Sonoma on an 19,1 iMac and updated my iPhone13ProMax and 11"iPad Pro both to iOS 17.0.2, There is no problem seeing pdfs any longer. Cropping a pdf is viewed in the cropped dimension without buying acrobat.

I want to thank Apple for solving the issue.

2 replies

Sep 2, 2023 1:24 AM in response to blackxacto

Well, after reading a lot about pdf's, there are many discussions about cropping pdf's in the web, and the answer is Adobe sells the only way to completely crop, and destroy the excess cropped off. Using anything except acrobat only hides the excess cropped away. A pdf carries all the document even w it cropped. Acrobat is the only app that will completely remove cropped excess.

Someone suggested opening and cropping the pdf in Apple Preview.app. Doesn't work.

Oh, well.

Why do cropped pdfs falsely display in iOS16.6 on my iPhone13ProMax?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.