Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Spilled Nutella on Macbook Pro 13" (2020) Keyboard.

I was very hungry yesterday, so I decided to go grab some nutella, and put it on a piece of bread. There was a generous amount of nutella, and when I sat down next to my macbook, I dropped it. I cleaned most of it off, but some of it got stuck in between the keys. The keys still work, however, the whole left side (where I dropped it), has the keys feeling very soft and they don't go down all the way. I don't want to go to apple because of their ridiculous prices, so how can I clean this without making my computer a goner. Is my computer a goner?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 7:50 PM

XxRRxX Said:

"Spilled Nutella on Macbook Pro 13" (2020) Keyboard. [...]I cleaned most of it off, but some of it got stuck in between the keys. The keys still work, however, the whole left side (where I dropped it), has the keys feeling very soft and they don't go down all the way. I don't want to go to apple [...]"

-------

Removing Debris From a Mac:

Don't want to go to Apple?...

A. Contact an AASP: 

Take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac

Or...

B. Use Compressed Air:

You need to get the debris out of there. So, using some compressed air may fix this. So do at a distance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2023 7:50 PM in response to XxRRxX

XxRRxX Said:

"Spilled Nutella on Macbook Pro 13" (2020) Keyboard. [...]I cleaned most of it off, but some of it got stuck in between the keys. The keys still work, however, the whole left side (where I dropped it), has the keys feeling very soft and they don't go down all the way. I don't want to go to apple [...]"

-------

Removing Debris From a Mac:

Don't want to go to Apple?...

A. Contact an AASP: 

Take this to an AASP (Apple Authorized Service provider), asking for assistance.

1. Go Here: Find Locations - Apple Authorized Reseller
  2. Click: Service & Support
  3. Enter: your location information
  4. See: if there is an AASP nearby
  5. Contact: an AASP that shows up, and find out more about the services that they offer to fix the Mac

Or...

B. Use Compressed Air:

You need to get the debris out of there. So, using some compressed air may fix this. So do at a distance.

Spilled Nutella on Macbook Pro 13" (2020) Keyboard.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.