You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Emails going to junk following iOS 16.2 update

Hi all, following the iPhone update to iOS 16.2 certain regular emails I get are now going into junk and I don’t know how to stop them (despite a lot of googling!). Can anyone help please?

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 2:25 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 4:47 PM

Thanks for reaching out Help_me_please_before,

It sounds like you're having mail get filtered as junk that isn't actually junk. We can help.

You can check out these steps to Report and reduce spam in iCloud Mail:

Mark legitimate emails as not junk

Filtering out junk mail can block a legitimate email from reaching your inbox.
If you feel that a legitimate email message was accidentally filtered, you can mark it as not junk so that any future messages from the same sender go to your inbox:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the message in the Junk folder, tap the Move to Folder button  at the bottom of the screen, then tap Inbox to move the message.
- On your Mac, select the message in the Junk folder and click the Junk button in the Mail toolbar. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
- On iCloud.com, click the Junk folder in the sidebar. Select the message, then click Not Junk at the top of the message window. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
- For other mail clients, move the message from the Junk folder to the inbox.

If you notice that multiple email messages are being delayed, bounced, or not delivered, contact iCloud Support. Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2023 4:47 PM in response to Help_me_please_before

Thanks for reaching out Help_me_please_before,

It sounds like you're having mail get filtered as junk that isn't actually junk. We can help.

You can check out these steps to Report and reduce spam in iCloud Mail:

Mark legitimate emails as not junk

Filtering out junk mail can block a legitimate email from reaching your inbox.
If you feel that a legitimate email message was accidentally filtered, you can mark it as not junk so that any future messages from the same sender go to your inbox:
- On your iPhone or iPad, open the message in the Junk folder, tap the Move to Folder button  at the bottom of the screen, then tap Inbox to move the message.
- On your Mac, select the message in the Junk folder and click the Junk button in the Mail toolbar. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
- On iCloud.com, click the Junk folder in the sidebar. Select the message, then click Not Junk at the top of the message window. Or just drag the message to the Inbox in the sidebar.
- For other mail clients, move the message from the Junk folder to the inbox.

If you notice that multiple email messages are being delayed, bounced, or not delivered, contact iCloud Support. Email messages in the Junk folder are automatically deleted after 30 days.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Emails going to junk following iOS 16.2 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.