You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacOS Ventura : HP printer / Scanner not working properly

see similar thread. Upgraded to Ventura 13.1, now my HP LaserJet400 color MFP 375dw prints, but the scanner does not work. Previous answer was that Ventura iOS is not compatible with some older printers. . . . .

This is EXACTLY why I despise MicroSoft operating systems.

Apple needs to wake up to this.

iMac 27″, macOS 10.13

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:17 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:52 AM

This answer, seemingly copied and pasted from some kind of "answer book for dummies" is borderline insulting.

"make sure the scanner is plugged in and turned on" ? Really?

I have already gone to the HP website and downloaded the latest driver package before I posted this complaint. When I try to run the installation for the driver package, error message says "HP Easy Start 2 can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 16, 2023 2:52 AM in response to Chris_V89

This answer, seemingly copied and pasted from some kind of "answer book for dummies" is borderline insulting.

"make sure the scanner is plugged in and turned on" ? Really?

I have already gone to the HP website and downloaded the latest driver package before I posted this complaint. When I try to run the installation for the driver package, error message says "HP Easy Start 2 can't be opened because Apple cannot check it for malicious software. This software needs to be updated. Contact the developer for more information."

Jan 15, 2023 5:58 PM in response to 1Boca

Hey there 1Boca,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. To get started, have you checked to see if there were any updated drivers that were released by HP for your printer/scanner? For the printer model you mentioned, this appears to be the latest driver released for the macOS Ventura update: HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads

If so, check out the steps listed in the following resource that can help with troubleshooting issues related to scanning on your Mac: Solve scanning problems on Mac - Apple Support

If you want to scan but can’t find your scanner in the list of available scanners, or if the scan doesn’t finish, try these solutions.

For information about using Continuity Camera to scan images, see Insert photos and scans with Continuity Camera.

Note: The solutions described below might be slightly different for your scanner. If these instructions differ from what you see onscreen, refer to the documentation that came with the app you’re using.

- Make sure the scanner is plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on, and that its cables are securely connected.
- If you previously saw a scanning option and you don’t see one anymore, try deleting the scanner (or multifunction printer) and adding it again.
- If you’re pressing a button on your scanner to perform the scan, try using an app instead, such as Image Capture or Preview, or go to the scanner manufacturer’s website to see what other apps are recommended. See Scan an image using Image Capture.
- If the scanner is connected to the USB port on an AirPort base station, connect the scanner to a USB port on your Mac.
- If more than one user is logged in to your Mac, log out every user. Then log in again and try to scan.

If still running into issues after the steps above, it may be best to reach out to HP to confirm if your printer/scanner is still compatible with your current macOS. Additionally, they may be able to provide some additional information and steps to troubleshoot the issue.

You can reach out to HP's support directly at this link here: Contact HP

We hope that's able to help.

Take care!

Jan 16, 2023 9:54 AM in response to 1Boca

Hey 1Boca,

Since the error message refers to developer, we'd advise to contact HP. Let them know the exact error message you are receiving.

Another thought, is to check if your printer is AirPrint compatible. AirPrint uses Wi-Fi and doesn't need to be plugged in to your iMac.

Connect an AirPrint printer to a Wi-Fi network - Apple Support

This page has which printers are AirPrint compatible:

About AirPrint - Apple Support

All the best.

MacOS Ventura : HP printer / Scanner not working properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.