Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

signature on Mail Mac appears as attachment to the recipients

Hi All,

I have been trying to solve this problem for many days with no result.

My email signature on Mail appears as attachment to the recipients who view my emails on Outlook, gmail.com and in general everywhere apart from the Mail Apple app.

I am in contact with Apple care service and they appear to have never heard of this issue again while I see that it has been mentioned here by many people over the years.

The most common reply seems to be that it depends on the recipients server the way the signature will appear but I think this is an Apple software issue that it is just being neglected. Outlook reads the signature sent from outlook or Gmail. The only problem is with Apple Mail...

Anyway, if someone has found a solution to this please let me know.

It is a very important issue, I can't send professional emails with no signature and several attachments containing the parts of the signature, no one takes this seriously.

Thanks in advance for your help!

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 5:21 AM

MarionLu wrote:

Hi All,

My email signature on Mail appears as attachment to the recipients who view my emails on Outlook, gmail.com and in general everywhere apart from the Mail Apple app.

In this long thread there seems to be buried some insight / options...see if there is any relief

ref: Problem with Mail Signature after Update … - Apple Community

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Keep your Mac up to date - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 5:21 AM in response to MarionLu

MarionLu wrote:

Hi All,

In this long thread there seems to be buried some insight / options...see if there is any relief

ref: Problem with Mail Signature after Update … - Apple Community

The current stable release of Ventura including bug fixes, security updates is macOS Ventura 13.1

Jan 14, 2023 6:51 AM in response to MarionLu

MarionLu wrote:

Hi All,

<snip>

Correct. If you send me an email containing an image/signature in the email I will see these as attachments. Additionally, any links you include will not be active. This is a security precaution used by many email recipients. It is up to the recepient how their email is displayed.

signature on Mail Mac appears as attachment to the recipients

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.