Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone won't remember to trust my iMac

Since I upgraded to iOS 16, my iPhone does't seem to remember my indication that I trust my iMac. I use the iMac to save iPhone backups and to sync music. Every time I connect my phone to my Mac, it asks me if I want to "Trust this Computer". This also happens when both when connecting to the iMac via USB and when backing up over WiFi.

Currently, my iPhone is running iOS 16.2, and my iMac is running 13.0.1.

Rebooting both machines doesn't seem to have fixed it.

I also followed some advice I found on the web and "Reset Location and Privacy". However, that didn't fix the problem either.

Any advice appreciated.

iPhone 13

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 11:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 11:42 AM

This was a change made with iOS 16.1, and it is a workaround for a vulnerability that would allow someone who had hacked your computer to make a backup of your iPhone that they could download and essentially have access to your private information. Here is a summary of the vulnerability:

Available for: iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th generation and later

Impact: An app may be able to access iOS backups

Description: A permissions issue was addressed with additional restrictions. 

CVE-2022-32929: Csaba Fitzl (@theevilbit) of Offensive Security

If you want details you can find them in these two links:

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 11:42 AM in response to rmatt2000

This was a change made with iOS 16.1, and it is a workaround for a vulnerability that would allow someone who had hacked your computer to make a backup of your iPhone that they could download and essentially have access to your private information. Here is a summary of the vulnerability:

Available for: iPhone 8 and later, iPad Pro (all models), iPad Air 3rd generation and later, iPad 5th generation and later, iPad mini 5th generation and later

Impact: An app may be able to access iOS backups

Description: A permissions issue was addressed with additional restrictions. 

CVE-2022-32929: Csaba Fitzl (@theevilbit) of Offensive Security

If you want details you can find them in these two links:

iPhone won't remember to trust my iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.