Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air M2

What to do when I am done working on a session on my new MacBook Air M2? close the top, and keep it on, or shut down completely and close the top, or leave open and on? I am working at home, and have no physical security concerns....

Thanks for the help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 11:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:11 PM

Entirely up to you. There is no specific or recommended course of action in this case. Whatever is more convenient for you.

Personally, I just leave it, and let it go to sleep on its own. You can of course close the lid if you really want to.

The only recommendation would be to restart the Mac at least once a week to clear any glitches or bugs that may have formed, and clear any unused caches and data that may be lingering behind.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 12:11 PM in response to nnellis

Entirely up to you. There is no specific or recommended course of action in this case. Whatever is more convenient for you.

Personally, I just leave it, and let it go to sleep on its own. You can of course close the lid if you really want to.

The only recommendation would be to restart the Mac at least once a week to clear any glitches or bugs that may have formed, and clear any unused caches and data that may be lingering behind.

MacBook Air M2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.