Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No flags in inbox?

Just got a new M2 Air, running Ventura. In Mail, a feature I rely on heavily seems to have been changed. Now, when a message is flagged, instead of showing up next to the message in the inbox as it always has, it only shows up in the header of the email, so one has to actually open the email to see it. Oh, there is the flagged feature in the sidebar, but that's all but useless to me.

Anybody know how to get the flags to show where the blue "unread" dot is in the inbox?

Sure hope so; this is really throwing a screw in my system.

Thanks!

MacBook Air, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 12:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 9:29 AM

First image is Column View Enabled

Flags allows appear to Left if mail is Flagged

To enable Flags in Column view

Right Click Header say " From " Column

Sub Menu appears and Enable Flags

7 replies

Jan 14, 2023 9:18 AM in response to LongTallDrink3

Never having used the column mode all I can suggest is the following: boot into Safe Mode according to How to use safe mode on your Mac and test to see if the problem persists. Reboot normally and test again.

NOTE 1: Safe Mode boot can take up to 3 - 5 minutes as it's doing the following; 

• Verifies your startup disk and attempts to repair directory issues, if needed

• Loads only required kernel extensions (prevents 3rd party kernel/extensions from loading)

• Prevents Startup Items and Login Items from opening automatically

• Disables user-installed fonts 

• Deletes font caches, kernel cache, and other system cache files

NOTE 2: if you have a wireless keyboard with rechargeable batteries connect it with its charging cable before booting into Safe Mode. This makes it act as a wired keyboard as will insure a successful boot into Safe Mode.

Jan 13, 2023 5:59 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks for responding, Old Toad!

I use and wish to continue using column layout. In past iterations, when I flagged a message, the flag appeared in the header once the email was opened to the viewing area below the inbox as well as to the left of the from/subject/date recieved line in the inbox above. Where the blue dot or replied symbols would be in that view. That's what I'd like to figure out how to get back.

No flags in inbox?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.