Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music not playing

I have 2020 m1 Macbook pro and am running Ventura. I have Apple Music but when I try to press play it doesn't do anything. it doesn't show its playing or anything its as if I didn't do anything. thought the radio works on Apple Music but not songs. I have signed in and added my Mac as a authorised device and signed in/out. ive done everything but just doesn't work. Apple Music works perfect on my phone but not my Mac(I have the family plan).

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 12:11 PM

Hello Daksh432,

You mentioned the radio works on Apple Music, but when you press play it doesn't do anything when it comes to playing songs. Let's discuss that further.

Do you have the internal speakers selected in the following location?

1. Go to System Settings
  2. Select on Sound
  3. Select on Output tab
  4. It should have 'MacBook Pro Speakers' selected here.

Could you be AirPlaying to another device? Learn how to check here: Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay

Are you connected to a Bluetooth device? If so, try disconnecting the Bluetooth device and try playing the content again.

Are you updated? If needed, update the Mac to the latest version of Ventura: Update macOS on Mac

If the issue continues to occur, what happens exactly when you attempt to play songs? Any errors? If so, what are these errors exactly? Are these purchased songs from the same Apple ID that's currently signed in or another Apple ID? As these answers may change the solution we'd provide moving forward.

Hoping to hear how it goes, take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 12:11 PM in response to Daksh432

Hello Daksh432,

You mentioned the radio works on Apple Music, but when you press play it doesn't do anything when it comes to playing songs. Let's discuss that further.

Do you have the internal speakers selected in the following location?

1. Go to System Settings
  2. Select on Sound
  3. Select on Output tab
  4. It should have 'MacBook Pro Speakers' selected here.

Could you be AirPlaying to another device? Learn how to check here: Stream audio and video from your Mac with AirPlay

Are you connected to a Bluetooth device? If so, try disconnecting the Bluetooth device and try playing the content again.

Are you updated? If needed, update the Mac to the latest version of Ventura: Update macOS on Mac

If the issue continues to occur, what happens exactly when you attempt to play songs? Any errors? If so, what are these errors exactly? Are these purchased songs from the same Apple ID that's currently signed in or another Apple ID? As these answers may change the solution we'd provide moving forward.

Hoping to hear how it goes, take care.

Apple Music not playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.