Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Photos synced from Finder will be removed"

This has been answered before by FoxFifth and the answer I have put below this question for reference ,it would appear that no one has asked this question to his answer and my question is

If I do not have access to the photos on the Mac computer how canI get those photos off my iPhone so I do not lose them please.

Original answer

""Those would be photos that you previously synced to the phone from a computer (either using Finder on a Mac or iTunes on a Mac or Windows computer). The photos should still be on the computer and you can get them back to the phone after you turn on iCloud Photos by using an internet browser on the computer and manually uploading them to the Photos app at iCloud,com. Also see: Get help with iCloud Photos - Apple Support"" USER FoxFifth

Many thanks if you can help...

Neil

picture below is from my wife's iPhone and we have no idea what mac we used to do the sync and or when we did it and or if we even still have that Mac or Macbook because we haven't done as far as we can remember any sync since iTunes changed to Music

iPhone 11

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 3:24 AM

Similar questions

6 replies

Jan 14, 2023 4:10 AM in response to spiritburner

To be able to download the synced photos from your iPhone you have to save them to Photos. Synced photos are stored separately from the photos that have been saved to photos.

Duplicate the photos and save the copies to Photos, or add adjustments to them, or select them and save them to the Files.app, or share them by Mail.

It will be a lot of work, as you cannot do any of this for large batches of photos.

It would be much quicker to try to find the photos on your computers by looking into all your Photos Libraries.

Jan 14, 2023 8:47 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for taking the time to reply and ideas and any future help.

First of all would these 6.126 Finder synch'd photos be visible anywhere on the current iPhone or her current Mac if it still exists so that they can be identified somehow in one great lump? I can not see any Albums on the iPhone or her current Macbook that would suggest that they exist separately in Album or folder anywhere so at the moment I can not identify the 6.126 photos that need to be dealt with.

You mention that they are stored separately from the Photos app so would they be in a folder somewhere on her current Mac or in a hidden folder or in a old iPhones library in one folder or album as I did clone her drive on her Macbook from 3 years ago and I have access still to that bootable clone if needs and could try that.

We do not have access now to the older Macbooks as they have been wiped and gifted. I play no part in Tracy's iPhones or Macs until there is a problem despite me always nagging her to do a CCC or Time Machine backup. Who am I to argue with my wife. I am but a mere mortal and she has Red hair......I just deal with the fallout!!

Is there a piece of third party software that allows you access to the current iPhone? The grab the entire photos folder off the iPhone in one go, merge the files into one folder on a drive then import that into Photos and ignore those already on the Macbook in Photos when the "Import Duplicates Warning comes up during the import process? .

Do you know if that is possible still or has that now been stopped with the newer IOS versions. It's been a while since I have had to find a missing file that way. The newer IOS and macOS is so much better now.

Many thanks for any help that you can give as I am sure I can't be the only one to have this issue and your answers might be able to help others as well I am hoping as well as me.

Thank you again.

Neil.

Jan 23, 2023 11:24 AM in response to léonie

Thanks for the answer but how do I know which which are which?

There doesn't seem to be any to tell ? Are the photos that are synced stored in a different place that is visible to third party software if I was to access the phone that way or if did a backup of the phone would they be stored in that backup that I know I can access via third party software if I knew where to look?

The computer option is not possible as the Mac it was on has long since gone.

Thank you for any help.

Neil.

Jan 23, 2023 12:04 PM in response to spiritburner

Image Capture cannot import the photos you have synced with the Finder to the iPhone, because they are not in the Camera Roll, so Image Capture cannot see them. The manual syncing to the iPhone is a one-way syncing. We can get the photos onto the iPhone but not easily back.

It is a daunting task to get photos back to a computer, that have been synced to an iPhone or iPad with the Finder or wit iTunes, You can mail them to the computer (in small groups), or try to air Drop them, any way of sharing.

To be able to download them you have to turn the synced photos into regular, saved photos on the iPhone by saving them to the Camera Roll. When you try to edit a photo, you will be asked, if you want to save it, or make a duplicate. All this can only be done in small groups or for each item individually.

The photos you have synced to an iPhone will originally been on a computer. Can you not try to find them there? perhaps in a backup of the computer? The synced photos on the iPhone will not have the full quality of the originals on the computer anyway, as they will have been downsized to save storage on the mobile devices.

Jan 23, 2023 2:08 PM in response to léonie

Thank you,

I understand all of what you say but how do I determine what photo is synced and what photo is not.

How can those 6000 plus photos be identified on the iPhone to do what you say. Its not clear what photo is synced and what photo is not as far as I can see . Or is there a way to identify these 6000 images on the iPhone?

The macbook that may have contained those photos is long dead that's why I am looking for an alternate solution.

Thank you for any help.

Neil.

"Photos synced from Finder will be removed"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.