Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yahoo servers

emails are not downloading from the server regardless of network availability. Is there any settings on my device I should check to resolve this or do I need to uninstall/reinstall the mail app ? If I log into mail through browser it’s fine, I can see the emails

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:10 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:19 AM

No, don't delete the Apple Mail app.

Try this workaround:

• Delete your yahoo email account in Settings>Mail>Account.
  • Restart your iPhone
  • Re-add your yahoo mail account manually, being sure that you use the correct outgoing/ingoing parameters (SMTP/IMAP or POP3) by contacting Yahoo support team about that, and using these instructions:--> Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, at the section "How to set up your email account manually"

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 4:19 AM in response to TLM987

No, don't delete the Apple Mail app.

Try this workaround:

• Delete your yahoo email account in Settings>Mail>Account.
  • Restart your iPhone
  • Re-add your yahoo mail account manually, being sure that you use the correct outgoing/ingoing parameters (SMTP/IMAP or POP3) by contacting Yahoo support team about that, and using these instructions:--> Add an email account to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, at the section "How to set up your email account manually"

Regards

Giulio

Yahoo servers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.