Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EMAILS NOT LOADING

Hi Community

can anyone please advise me what to do when my emails in the native Apple mail app will not download. I keep getting the message

This message has not been downloaded from the server.

I have the 2nd gen 12.9” iPad Pro running 14.5.1

I have closed the app down, restarted the iPad, turned aeroplane mode off and on again as well as try my

2.4 GHz and 5GHz WI FI Connections and nothing will download them. These are not new emails but ones I have read but néed to keep. I have installed GMail as well to see if they downloaded and they all download perfectly on it.

Many thanks

iPad Pro, iPadOS 14

Posted on May 5, 2021 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2021 6:25 AM

lbkclb,

Thank you for your reply. We understand that you may be concerned about data loss. Do you know if your email account uses IMAP or POP mail settings? An IMAP account automatically keeps everything in sync with your email server. You should not expect to loose any data with an IMAP account. If you have a POP account this type of account will remove email messages from the server. If you use an iCloud mail account, iCloud mail uses IMAP settings. Check out this link to learn how to Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com.

If you do not have an iCloud account and you would like to find out if your account uses IMAP or POP you can go to iPad Settings > Mail > Accounts > Select your mail account > Select your email address account or you can use the Mail Settings Lookup tool.

If you have any concerns about loosing your mail data, contact your email service provider for more help.

Contact a third-party vendor

Have a good day! 

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2021 6:25 AM in response to lbkclb

lbkclb,

Thank you for your reply. We understand that you may be concerned about data loss. Do you know if your email account uses IMAP or POP mail settings? An IMAP account automatically keeps everything in sync with your email server. You should not expect to loose any data with an IMAP account. If you have a POP account this type of account will remove email messages from the server. If you use an iCloud mail account, iCloud mail uses IMAP settings. Check out this link to learn how to Archive email in Mail on iCloud.com.

If you do not have an iCloud account and you would like to find out if your account uses IMAP or POP you can go to iPad Settings > Mail > Accounts > Select your mail account > Select your email address account or you can use the Mail Settings Lookup tool.

If you have any concerns about loosing your mail data, contact your email service provider for more help.

Contact a third-party vendor

Have a good day! 

May 6, 2021 5:53 AM in response to lbkclb

Hi lbkclb,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. It looks like you are having a problem with your emails not loading and we would like to help! Have you tried to remove your email account and set it up again? Here are the steps on how to do that: 

If you can't receive email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

"1. On your device, go to Settings > Mail, then tap Accounts.

2. Tap the email account that you want to remove.

3. Tap Delete Account.

4. Add your account again."

If you still have the same problem after deleting the account and adding the account again you could try to delete the Mail app. Click the link below to learn how to delete the Mail app: 

Delete apps on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

We hope this helps!

Take care. 

May 6, 2021 8:29 PM in response to i_rina

Many thanks for getting back. Have not tried any of these options yet as I don’t want them removed if I do them so will they be removed? Also, I forgot to mention they date as far back as 2018 but they are instructions and I want to keep them. Does the server remove them auromatically after a certain time?

thanks again

EMAILS NOT LOADING

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.