Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Put Hard Disks To Sleep cannot disable

On my new MacBook Pro M1 there seems to be no system setting for energy saver. I want to disable the setting that puts my external disks to sleep when I close the top of the computer. Next morning I have hundreds of notifications I am deleting one by one "Disk Not Ejected Properly" for the 6 USB drives that were plugged into my Thunderbolt port with a USB-USB-C adapter and hub. The drives must have been going on and off all night?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 5:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 6:25 AM

countyphotographer wrote:

On my new MacBook Pro M1 there seems to be no system setting for energy saver. I want to disable the setting that puts my external disks to sleep when I close the top of the computer. Next morning I have hundreds of notifications I am deleting one by one "Disk Not Ejected Properly" for the 6 USB drives that were plugged into my Thunderbolt port with a USB-USB-C adapter and hub. The drives must have been going on and off all night?

There are some changes in macOS Ventura yes—

ex. differences between Desktop and Notebook macs:

Set sleep and wake settings for your Mac - Apple Support

See if under Battery >Options gets you any closer. Make some changes and compare your results.

>System Settings>Battery>Options

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 6:25 AM in response to countyphotographer

countyphotographer wrote:

There are some changes in macOS Ventura yes—

ex. differences between Desktop and Notebook macs:

Set sleep and wake settings for your Mac - Apple Support

See if under Battery >Options gets you any closer. Make some changes and compare your results.

>System Settings>Battery>Options

Put Hard Disks To Sleep cannot disable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.