Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are there erroneous dates on the middle column view for Sent mailbox ?

Hi! I'm trying to move email into folders to export mboxes and in order to select the precise emails that I want to move, I sort the box where they are located by date (either "oldest" or "newest" in the View > Sort by in the Apple Mail menu bar.

When I do so, I see the a lot (meaning over 50) of my emails have the wrong date and can be verified that they are wrong when you double click to open the email and then see the correct entire date (say actually 2016 for year).

I assume there's an indexing issue, but in Apple Mail Ventura, how to I fix this? I can't find how to rebuild the box where the orignal emails are located. If there's another reason, I'm all eyes for instructions on how to fix this error.

This may also be occurring for other types of mailboxes, but I haven't the time to confirm.

iMac 24″

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 6:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 6:06 AM

JEL888 wrote:

Hi! I'm trying to move email into folders to export mboxes and in order to select the precise emails that I want to move, I sort the box where they are located by date (either "oldest" or "newest" in the View > Sort by in the Apple Mail menu bar.

When I do so, I see the a lot (meaning over 50) of my emails have the wrong year (2022) and can be verified that they are wrong when you double click to open the email and then see the correct entire date (say actually 2016 for year).

I assume there's an indexing issue, but in Apple Mail Ventura, how to I fix this? I can't find how to rebuild the box where the orignal emails are located. If there's another reason, I'm all eyes for instructions on how to fix this error.

This may also be occurring for other types of mailboxes, but I haven't the time to confirm.

Well you can rebuild mailboxes— and see if it sorts your issue.

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 6:06 AM in response to JEL888

JEL888 wrote:

When I do so, I see the a lot (meaning over 50) of my emails have the wrong year (2022) and can be verified that they are wrong when you double click to open the email and then see the correct entire date (say actually 2016 for year).

Well you can rebuild mailboxes— and see if it sorts your issue.

Rebuild mailboxes in Mail on Mac - Apple Support

Why are there erroneous dates on the middle column view for Sent mailbox ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.