Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I deauthorize old computers that I don't have anymore for iTunes music library

I have had Macintosh computers since the Mac Se was released. I have used the apple migration utility to move all my data and accounts from one Macintosh PC to the next. Now I'm on a mac mini and I'm getting the message that I can't play music that I loaded from cds into iTunes many years ago. I only have one Macintosh, how do I get the onesI no longer have off the"authorized" computer list on my account?

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:45 AM

To deauthorize old computers, see the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 8:45 AM in response to pastuart

To deauthorize old computers, see the following from Authorize or deauthorize your computer for iTunes Store purchases - Apple Support

To deauthorize a computer that you don't have access to, you have to deauthorize all of your computers. Then authorize each computer that you have again. You can deauthorize all computers only once a year.

1. Open the Apple Music app or Apple TV app.
  2. Choose Account > Account Settings.
  3. Sign in with your Apple ID and password. Forgot your Apple ID?
  4. At the top of your Account Information page, go to the Apple ID Summary section.
  5. Next to Computer Authorizations, click Deauthorize All.
  6. Authorize each computer that you use again.

how can I deauthorize old computers that I don't have anymore for iTunes music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.