Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imac won't connect to icloud

I have an icloud account that my iMac 2011 (Yosemite) used to connect to (my phone, ipad and Apple TV still do). But now I've gone back to try and get some videos off the iMac it just won't connect. I've changed the password numerous times, I'm typing in the code that gets sent to my phone immediately after the password as it suggests but all I'm getting is wrong password.

All very frustrating. Any thoughts?

Many thanks,

Pete

iMac 21.5″, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 8:22 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 16, 2023 1:41 PM in response to Petestorm68

Hey there, and welcome to Apple Support Communities Petestorm68,

We can certainly understand your concern and can help provide some insight.

We recommend checking out these steps for more information on how to change your password on a Mac and see if everything matches up with your procedures.

" Change your Apple ID password on your Mac

1. Choose Apple menu  > System Settings (or System Preferences), then select your name (or Apple ID).
  2. Select Password & Security.
  3. Select Change Password. Before you can reset your Apple ID password, you'll be required to enter the password used to unlock your Mac. 

Change your Apple ID password on Mac

Change your Apple ID password on the web

1. Sign in to appleid.apple.com.
  2. In the Sign-In and Security section, select Password.

Change your Apple ID password on the web

3. Enter your current password, then enter a new password and confirm the new password. Forgot your password

4. Select Change Password. "

For additional information, check out this link: Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support

These steps will help ensure your device is working with ease and can fix common issues like the ones you’re experiencing.

Kindest regards!

Imac won't connect to icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.