Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facebook scrolling at random on Mac book air.

How do I fix this... it is ok on my iPhone....

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 5:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:42 AM

ivanttc Said:

"The same thing happens on MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.2): On the Brave browser it works ok."

-------

Safari/Facebook Bug:

Safari is the Culprit: Thank you for the information. You have singled out the bowser. It is therefore likely none other that a bug in Safari. So, report it.

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary
40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 7:42 AM in response to ivanttc

ivanttc Said:

"The same thing happens on MacBook Pro (Ventura 13.2): On the Brave browser it works ok."

-------

Safari/Facebook Bug:

Safari is the Culprit: Thank you for the information. You have singled out the bowser. It is therefore likely none other that a bug in Safari. So, report it.

Do your part: Let Apple know what is going on here. Provide them with feedback on this. They may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they received on this, the more they will know what is going on, and what needs to be fixed in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPad - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: when this issue began, and how you have troubleshot it, this far. Include the URL of this thread.
  4. Proceed from there aw necessary

Jan 14, 2023 6:01 PM in response to Drakclomur232

Trump2jail Said:

"Facebook scrolling at random on Mac book air.: How do I fix this... it is ok on my iPhone...."

-------

Troubleshooting Facebook:

Two thoughts...

A. Scan for Malware:

Scan with Malwarebytes for Mac:

Malwarebytes searches for malware (short for (malicious software) and spyware. Those make your Mac act in a mislead manor. So scan with it, and remove what is found from the quarantine. It is created by longtime users of these forums making it the only reliable Security Software for a Mac. If synced with iPad connected, it may have got installed on your Mac.

Downloads:

1. Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for Mac
  2. Malwarebytes Uninstaller

And...

B. Clear your Temporary Internet Files:

Boot into Safe Mode and then Clear your Temporary Internet Files of Safari:

1. Booting into Safe Mode: [hold down shift upon boot until the login screen appears]. See if this is still an issue. Safe Mode lets items run as default, without changes whatsoever. That is possible because caches of your macOS are temporarily disabled while in Safe Mode
  2. Clearing your Temporary Internet Files (Cookies & Cache) of Safari: Cookies perform remembrance of certain site-entered data. Whereas Cache keeps a snapshot of the last time you visited a site.  Use this Link: Clearing History and Cache - Apple Communities

Jan 15, 2023 7:40 AM in response to Drakclomur232

I'm having the same Facebook issue using my Safari browser (v.16.2) on both my MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.1 and Mac mini. Just started yesterday. I've tried numerous 'solutions' recommended online but nothing seems to work. Facebook totally unusable on Safari. I've switched to Chrome on both machines where Facebook runs fine with no scrolling issue.

Jan 15, 2023 1:52 PM in response to Drakclomur232

Could be malware... possibly, BUT !!

Symptoms are uncontrolled up done and over scroll on up or down input or automatic continued scrolling with no input from mouse.

Happens on Safari M1 Mini Ventura (no firewall no virus scanning)

AND

Happens on Safari M1 Mini Monterey (scanned with Malwarebytes and Avast daily)

Main file download machine

2012 Mini Catalina (scanned with Malwarebytes and Avast daily)

Jan 15, 2023 2:09 PM in response to zipper007

This is not just an Apple problem. It is happening on all different computer models, but generally not on phones. And it's happening to a lot of Facebook users not only in the United States but in places like Sweden as well. Friends with Microsoft systems have the same issue! I reported it to Facebook, but this has been occurring for a few days now and so far nothing has been done.

Facebook scrolling at random on Mac book air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.