Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camara issue

Did some one else have problem with the “Unknown camera” after installing the 16.2 update in iphone 12 pro max?

now my camera is not the same and the zoom is not working properly

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 10:19 PM

2 replies

Jan 16, 2023 7:22 PM in response to mazinger41

Hey mazinger41,

We'd be happy to help out, however it's not entirely clear what's going on. What do you mean by "unknown camera". Is this an error you receive when launching the Camera app? Also, what do you mean by the camera is not the same? In what way is it different? What is happening when zooming also?

Answering the above questions should help us gain a much better understanding of your issue and help us come up with the best game plan to get you a solution.

If your camera isn't working at all, also check out: If the camera or flash on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working - Apple Support

Take care!

Feb 23, 2023 12:29 PM in response to UTBadger

@UTBadger I also just received this message today. This message shows up within settings under the about page under parts and service history. It says camera "unknown part" "Unable to determine if your iphone camera is a genuine Apple part. This could be because the part is non-genuine, not functioning as expected, or the installation is incomplete."

My phone is a brand new iphone 14 pro running 16.3 and it has never been fixed. It was bought directly from Apple website. I have tried restarting phone 4 times. This appears to be an issue.

Camara issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.