Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone Won't Automatically Connect to Vehicle's Hotspot when CarPlay is On

I have an iPhone (SE 2020) that I just upgraded to iOS 16.2. Before the upgrade my iPhone always connected to the the WiFi built into my car (2021 Porsche Macan S on AT&T). Now my iPhone does not automatically connect to my car's WiFi when I start the car. If I open Settings Wi-Fi on my iPhone and click on my car's WiFi, it connects. But, it is a real pain to have to go to Setting Wi-Fi every time I get in my car to connect to the car's WiFi. My wife's iPhone on an older version of iOS works fine.

If I turn off CarPlay in my iPhone (Settings...General...CarPlay...PORSCHE), my iPhone automatically connects to the car's WiFi when I get into the car. Of course, wireless CarPlay doesn't work. I’d like my iPhone to automatically connect to the vehicle’s WiFi when CarPlay is On (and it used to).

I've tried the obvious - auto-join is on, power off my iPhone, disconnect from the car's WiFi and reconnect, power off the PCM, etc. Any ideas?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:28 AM

Tap Settings > Wi-Fi. Tap the More Info button next to the network name. Make sure that Auto-Join is on.

Use captive Wi-Fi networks on your iPhone or iPad

1 reply

iPhone Won't Automatically Connect to Vehicle's Hotspot when CarPlay is On

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.