Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad/iPhone app library: How to move apps to the folders you want them to be in?

I don’t need a Games folder and an Arcade folder, for example. To me, the fewer folders, the better, and being able to just have an alphabetized list would be best, but it seems there’s resistance to that idea for some years. So, in lieu of that, I’d like to create, name folders and put apps in them at my discretion. Guidance on this appreciated! Thanks.

iPad Pro, 12.9-inch, 6th Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:37 AM

The App Library sorts your installed Apps into multiple automatically curated App-groups - based upon App category information from the App Store.

While the App Library cannot be directly edited, you can create App Groups of your own choice on any Home Page - this being fully described in the iPad User Guide:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

More information about the iPad App Library are organisation of your Home Screens can be found here:

Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 7:37 AM in response to Desert Lady

The App Library sorts your installed Apps into multiple automatically curated App-groups - based upon App category information from the App Store.

While the App Library cannot be directly edited, you can create App Groups of your own choice on any Home Page - this being fully described in the iPad User Guide:

Organize your apps in folders on iPad - Apple Support

More information about the iPad App Library are organisation of your Home Screens can be found here:

Use the App Library and Home Screen to organize your iPad apps - Apple Support

iPad/iPhone app library: How to move apps to the folders you want them to be in?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.