Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 13 Pro Battery Health

I bought my iPhone 13 Pro in March 2022. Not even a year and already in 90% battery health. Is everyone with the same phone has the same problem as me?

And for everyone who still has good battery health, how do you manage that? I need suggestions so I can manage and keep it on 90% or just a slight drop for years. Thanks, everyone.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 8:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 8:40 AM

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 8:40 AM in response to Mvffins

All rechargeable batteries are consumable components that become less effective as they chemically age.

Recent software updates can accelerate that process by adding features that consume more power.

As lithium-ion batteries chemically age, the amount of charge they can hold diminishes, resulting in shorter amounts of time before a device needs to be recharged.

Apple won’t replace the battery until it reaches 80% capacity.

It takes approximately 2 years to go from 100% to 80% capacity.

Battery Performance Tips:

Need more help?

Jan 15, 2023 8:44 AM in response to Mvffins

The battery on your phone is performing normally. On average, the Maximum Capacity will drop about 1% a month,, so if you purchased your iPhone 10 months ago, you could expect the Max Cap to be about 90% at time. Your phone is right on target.

In another year, when the phone is 22 months old, the Max Cap is going to be in the 78-80% range at which time the battery will need to be replaced.

iPhone 13 Pro Battery Health

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.