Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t send pictures to android

I just got the new iPhone 14 and I can’t send pictures to anyone with an android phone, but I can send them normal texts. Why?

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 11:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 11:26 AM

PROBLEM SOLVED. I looked online and everyone said to check if MMS was on and then to turn off and on iMessage and to restart iphone- didn’t work. It took me a while, but I figured it out.

I went to Settings> Apple ID> Scrolled to the bottom to see that my Apple ID was still using my old Iphone under my account. And since the new iPhones don’t have a sim card, I think my cellular account wasn’t registering its properties correctly or something.. I have no clue. But, I deleted my old Iphone off of my Apple ID account and I restarted my phone for good measure and boom. Works like a charm. Hope this helps the next guy.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 11:26 AM in response to Willymamma

PROBLEM SOLVED. I looked online and everyone said to check if MMS was on and then to turn off and on iMessage and to restart iphone- didn’t work. It took me a while, but I figured it out.

I went to Settings> Apple ID> Scrolled to the bottom to see that my Apple ID was still using my old Iphone under my account. And since the new iPhones don’t have a sim card, I think my cellular account wasn’t registering its properties correctly or something.. I have no clue. But, I deleted my old Iphone off of my Apple ID account and I restarted my phone for good measure and boom. Works like a charm. Hope this helps the next guy.

Jan 20, 2023 7:13 PM in response to Willymamma

Yea I've always had problems sending photos to android phones- it's so weird.... Apple hates android is the only reason they haven't done a thing to address this bug. I'll get it to send again, by messing around with settings- turning things off and on- I have no idea what I did another than I can send pictures to my sister again... for awhile, then all of a sudden I can't send pics anymore- so frustrating. To the people that say it's the carrier- At&t, Verizon, tmobile- it's not, it's Apple.

Can’t send pictures to android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.