Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

App icons generic on watch 8

Ever since I upgraded to a new Apple Watch 8, several of my app icons are generic. I don’t know why and I have seen no answers anywhere that address this issue.

Apple Watch Series 8

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 12:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 6:56 PM

I guess the next step would be to unpair your watch from your iPhone, which will cause a new backup. Then pair it again, which will let you restore your backup back to the phone.

This link explains how to do that --> Unpair and erase your Apple Watch - Apple Support

11 replies

Jan 15, 2023 3:24 PM in response to Jim Crawford

That is odd. Either restart your watch and if that doesn't work, Force Restart your Watch.

To restart, press the elongated side power button until you see the SOS page. Look in the upper right hand corner for a power button. Tap the power button, which will take you to a swipe to power off. Swipe to power off and wait a minute, then hold the same power button and keep holding it until the Apple Logo appears. Sign in when prompted and see if the icons have resume their normal appearance.

If that doesn't do the trick, Force Restart your watch by pressing and holding BOTH the digital crown and elongated power buttons at the SAME TIME. Keep holding both in until the screen goes dark and keep holding them until you see the Apple Logo, then let go. Sign back in when prompted and see if the icons have resumed their normal appearance.

App icons generic on watch 8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.