Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 10 on Macbook 4,1 (Early 2008)

Hello,

I have been trying to install windows 10 on my MacBook 4,1. I have tried multiple methods but only resulted in "No Bootable Device" or "Missing Operating System". Any help would be really appreciated.

Also don't say "You can't install windows 10 on this mac" because I know you can.

MacBook

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 1:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 1:58 PM

Back in the day I installed windows 10 on an iMac 2011 which was not supported for newer than windows 7

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

by installing win7 and upgrading from within windows to 8 and then 8.1 and finally win10, there were no drivers so the stuff the win7 driver did not work with did not work, the bootcamp app did not work and windows could not see macOS drive, but one day it just stopped working, might have been a windows update.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 1:58 PM in response to An_older_mac

Back in the day I installed windows 10 on an iMac 2011 which was not supported for newer than windows 7

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

by installing win7 and upgrading from within windows to 8 and then 8.1 and finally win10, there were no drivers so the stuff the win7 driver did not work with did not work, the bootcamp app did not work and windows could not see macOS drive, but one day it just stopped working, might have been a windows update.

Windows 10 on Macbook 4,1 (Early 2008)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.