Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Windows 10 on 2011 MacBook Pro

I have a 2011 MacBook Pro with Intel i7 processor and running High Sierra on to which I am trying to load Windows 10. I have watched various You Tube videos on how to do this using Bootcamp. I have downloaded the Windows 10 iso file and modified info.plist file to get install option in Bootcamp. All starts okay and it finds my flash drive and iso file but every time I click continue I get the message that this computer does not support Windows 10 and that I should install Windows 7 instead. If I try to do this it askes for an installation disc which I do not have. I would be very pleased to hear from anyone who has managed to do this and to hear of any tips they might have. Many thanks.

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 12:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2023 1:06 AM

To run windows 10 via bootcamp you will need to have a MacBook Pro introduced in 2012 or later. Due to hardware limitations, your 2011 MacBook Pro does not support windows 10. Please see this link for further reference

Install Windows 10 on your Mac with Boot Camp Assistant - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Windows 10 on 2011 MacBook Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.