You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

When I text my husband, it will only go to his personal number and not his work number. He has an iPhone as well. Why?

When I text a message to my husbands work number it will always go to his personal number and I can’t figure out why. He as an iPhone as well.

iPhone 13, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 3:12 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 3:30 PM

You can choose which phone number to send your message to by typing in the persons name to whom you would like to send your message to in the new message section of your messages and then click the ">" button which should then bring up other contact methods for that person. After, you choose which method of contact you would like to use, you can send the message to the option you chose.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jan 15, 2023 3:30 PM in response to bunny0709

You can choose which phone number to send your message to by typing in the persons name to whom you would like to send your message to in the new message section of your messages and then click the ">" button which should then bring up other contact methods for that person. After, you choose which method of contact you would like to use, you can send the message to the option you chose.

When I text my husband, it will only go to his personal number and not his work number. He has an iPhone as well. Why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.